Production Diary – Entry 1

So because I have nothing better to psot here, I am going to put up a prodution diary for my bachelor project.

I did the model. No real issues there except the design got changed a bit while I was modeling it, which can get a bit annoying but no big problem. The mesh in the face didn’t turn out as nice as I had hoped but there simply wasn’t time to change more and I think it will be fine.

We are rigging with a combination of The Setup Machine 2 and custom rigs. I would have liked to build it all from the bottom up to get more experience with that, but given that our character is so “simple” and TSM has so many nice features it makes it hard to justify using a sub standard rig just to satisfy my own desires. When all is said and done we have to actually animate it also.
I did add a heel roll feature and changed the pivot of the foot to the ankle, because I hate it when rotating the foot in IK moves the entire leg. I just hope the rig doesn’t blow up halfway through the production.

During the holidays I hope to get around to adding texture coordinates (*shudder*) and finish skinning the model. Maybe I will get to look at some texture work as well, but I think not. Zelda is calling to me!